What is Metabolic Syndrome?
Did you know that you might be suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, if you have any three of the below conditions.
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that occur together:
- Abdominal obesity meaning your waistline is more than 40 inches or 102 cm (men) or more than 35 inches or 88 cm (women).
- Triglycerides level of 150 mg/dl and above or taking medicine for high triglycerides.
- Good cholesterol level of 40 mg/dl or below (men) or 50 mg/dl or below (women) or taking medicine for low good cholesterol.
- Fasting Blood sugar of 100 mg/dl or above or taking medicine for high Blood sugar.
- Blood Pressure systolic 135 mm Hg and above and/or Diastolic 85 mm Hg and above or taking medicine for high Blood pressure.
Metabolic Syndrome is the predictor of serious future health problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Strokes and Heart Diseases. We advise you to consult your doctor to get more information as significant lifestyle changes may delay and prevent further development of serious health issues.
For an appointment with our Specialist in Internal Medicine, Dr. Suhail Memon, please call GMCClinics Jumeirah Medical on 04 349 4880.