Fluent in: English
Ph.D. for Clinical and Organizational Psychology
- Setting-up and managing the initial selection and upgrade of operation staff for Pilots, Engineers and Cabin Crew at Emirates Airlines
- Setting-up the first “Emiratization Selection/Recruitment/Psychometric Testing for Emiratis” (Cadet Pilots/ Avionic Engineers/ Cabin Crew)
- Adapting the tools for the Arab cultures and updating the norms regularly
- Setting-up the first “Employee Assistance Center”, which has been the home of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 2001
- During her career, she has handled cases for different authorities such as FAA and GCAA and has been a frequent speaker in Aviation Conferences in different countries.
Dr. Edma Naddaf is qualified Clinical Psychologist, with Ph.D. for Clinical and Organizational Psychology. Her experience began with Emirates Airlines since its inception in late 1985. During her career in Emirates Airlines, she set up the first “Aviation Psychology Consultancy” in the GCC and opened the first “Psychometric Lab” for the airline in the U.A.E. in 1986. Throughout these years, she utilized a wide battery of psychometric tests for up to 150 nationalities.
Since then Dr. Edma has been providing services for Dubai Police Air Wing, Dubai Aerospace Academy, Cadet Pilots, Etihad Airways Cadet/ Ab Initio, Oman Air, Fly Dubai, Air Arabia, DC (Damler Chrysler) Al-Futtaim Aviation, and NAS Aviation.
Activities and membership:
- Member of the European Association for Aviation Psychology (EAAP)
- Chairman of Human Factor group ISASI
- Licensed Crew Services Management Trainer (CRM) by Airbus Industries
- UAE GCAA Aeromedical Specialist – Examiner
- Corporate Member of ISASI – a 50 years old International Society of Air Safety Investigators in the field of Human Factor