Fluent in: Arabic, French & English
Training / Field of Medicine: Neurology – Stroke, Neurovascular Diseases – Clinical EEG – Aviation Medicine
Qualifications: Professor of Neurology; MD. CES.MBA IP.
Professional Organizations / Membership
- French Order of Physicians
- Lebanese Order of Physicians
- Lebanese Society of Neurology (Past President)
- Safe Implementation for the Treatment of Stroke (SITS)
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Neurosciences Research Center, The Lebanese University
- Joseph University Faculty of Dentistry
- Stroke and neurovascular diseases
- Multiple sclerosis and related neuro-immunological diseases
- Parkinson’s Disease and movement disorders
- Clinical EEG
- Alzheimer’s disease and other Dementias
- Aviation Medicine
I trust my expertise will contribute in developing Excellence of care in multiple domains of neurology (particularly in the above fields of special interest)
Since 1984 I have been practicing Neurology also as Private Practitioner in Lebanon and in France.
I am the Author / Co-Author of more than thirty publications and posters in peer scientific journals with 579 citations to date.
I am also involved in number of international clinical studies as Principal Investigator, in the fields of Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Migraine, Neuropathic Pain and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders.
- 2017-2019:Professor Head of Neurology, Faculty of medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 2012-2017:Associate Professor Head of Neurology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 1985-2012: Academic and Clinical Teaching Courses affiliated to the Faculty of Medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 2016-2019: Director of the Neuropsychology Master program and Charter Member of the Neurosciences Research Center Board, The Lebanese University.
- As of 1996: Postgraduate Academic Teaching Courses on Pain and Headache. Affiliated to the Faculty of Dentistry, St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- As of 2016: Lebanon National Coordinator for the SITS (Safe Implementation of Treatments for Stroke)
- As of 2012: Senior Neurologist Consultant and Head of Neurology. Bellevue Medical Center (Teaching University Hospital affiliated to St.Joseph University),Mansourieh, Mount Lebanon.
- 1984-2012: Consultant Neurologist,Head of Neurology, The Lebanese University Hospital-Geitawi, Beirut,Lebanon.
- 2000-2008:Member of a Multinational Key Opinion Leadership Advisory Board on Multiple Sclerosis.
- 2000-2007:Charter Member of The Lebanese League against Epilepsy
- 1996-2000:Vice President and President of The Lebanese Neurological Society.
- 1991-1992: Consultant Neurologist, Etablissement Helio-Marins, Berk, France.
- 1990-1991: Associate Chef de Clinique, University of Montpellier, France.
- 1979-1983: Fellowship in Neurology, Gui-de-Chauliac, Montpellier University,France.
- 1977-1979: Intership Hotel-Dieu-DeFrance,Beirut,Lebanon.